Wednesday, February 06, 2013

i'm going to thailand tonight!



Well, technically, I'm going to Seoul, Korea tonight. The Incheon International Airport, to be specific, where I will spend the night and then fly to Thailand tomorrow. The point is, I'm leaving for a two-week vacation tonight!

It's Chinese New Year this weekend, so we have two weeks off, and Alanna and I will be spending the next 14 days traipsing around Thailand. And by "traipsing around Thailand," I mean we will be bathing elephants and holding tigers in Chiang Mai, visiting markets and temples and buddhas in Bangkok, and relaxing on the islands of Krabi.

Our plan is to do all that and more, but I will be happy as long as I get to kiss an elephant. Seriously, that is my main goal on this trip!

I won't be blogging between now and when I get back, but I hope to be able to tweet and Instagram. (What's the verb for posting a photo to Instagram? Would it be "gram"?)

P.S. "Kuài lè! Kuài lè! Kuài lè!" (Happy! Happy! Happy!) That's what I was singing as I was getting ready to leave work today. I was happy, the secretary was happy, the guards were happy. And the guards were laughing as I danced around singing "Kuài lè!" (It's the first time in a long time that I've felt truly like myself. See #6 here.)

P.P.S. These photos don't have anything to do with going to Thailand, but my oldest student, G, took them and they make me smile. Especially the second one because after he took it, he ran over to show me and in a worried voice said, "Oh no! You have no eyes!" I explained that he just couldn't see them because I was looking down. Obviously relieved, he sighed, "Oh, good!"

P.P.P.S. Highlights from Boracay.

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful pics! I also love that you are excited to kiss an elephant! I would love to do that someday. I'm also really enjoying following along on Instagram! What an adventure! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's really a nice and helpful piece of info. I'm glad that you shared this helpful
    information with us. Please keep us up to date like this.
    Thank you for sharing.

    my site :: katy texas garage door repair

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...